essaouira day tour from marrakech
Essaouira or Mogador is an old fishing port located less than 3 hours drive from Marrakech. It is considered one of the most popular day trips in Marrakech. Our private tour to Essaouira will be organized with morocco travel agencies and tours, mostly single travelers, couples, or small groups of like-minded travelers. The visit will be lively and economically advantageous as the costs are shared.
marrakech to essaouira excursion
• Explore the cultural and artistic diversity of the city of Essaouira.
• Visit the medina the day before, explore its gates, its ramparts of the scala, its municipal market, and its craft complex.
• Cross the beach and the famous port of Essaouira.
• Discover the argan tree and witness the production of Argan oil in a women’s cooperative.
• Discover the art of artisan marquetry.
• Take advantage of its climatic particularity for water sports enthusiasts.
The coastal city of Essaouira, or the city of the wind, offers you many possibilities of discovery and meets all your cultural, artistic, and sporting desires. Departing from Marrakech, enjoy an unforgettable 2.5-hour drive through Argans cultures and stunning arid landscapes. You will come across families of goats perched on argan trees.
Upon arrival, you will have the opportunity to visit a cooperative of women who produce Argan oil. Then set off to explore the fishing port of Essaouira. Cross the old medina with its Souks and its traditional market. You will discover art galleries and authentic carpentry workshops, cedar marquetry, and the art of basketry.
Similarly, explore the ramparts and gates of Essaouira and its Borj and military buildings, including La scala de la kasbah and la scala du port: the city’s two main fortifications. For fans of windsurfing or Kit surfing, Essaouira’s climatic particularity and geographical position have made it a strong point for practicing these two sports. Do not miss to admire a Souiri tagine or a superb fish dish (Essaouira specialty) in a seaside restaurant before returning to Marrakech.